Mr. Hackett joined Metro Realty in January 2006 as a managing partner. He is involved in all aspects of running the 14 person office in Farmingdale. In 2010 he was selected for Long Island Business New’s 40 under 40 class which awards outstanding members of the business community on Long Island who are under the age of 40 and have proven to be future leaders of Long Island and have a proven track record of career success. His primary focus is on industrial sales and leasing in Nassau and Suffolk County. His specialty is industrial sales under 50,000 sf where over the last 10 years he averages 20-30 industrial/commercial sales per year.
Prior to joining Metro, Mr. Hackett was a Vice President at CBRE’s Woodbury office. Concentrating on tenant and landlord representation as well as strategic planning and the implementation of industrial transactions, Mr. Hackett was the only broker in the CBRE office who solely represented industrial properties. He also mentored junior associates in the aspects of real estate negotiations and the basics of the commercial real estate business. One of his many sales includes the 92,000sf building on 37 acres sold from Arrow Electronics to Interpharm.
Before joining CBRE, Mr. Hackett was employed at Grubb & Ellis New York, Inc. where, as Associate Managing Director, he was awarded Long Island Business News’ “Rookie of the Year” award in 2002. He was promoted to Managing Director later that year, exclusively representing owners in the disposal of their properties. Prior to that, Mr. Hackett worked as a Managing Agent at Alfred S. Friedman Management Corporation where he was involved in all levels of building management.
SIGNIFICANT SALES & ASSIGNMENTS:
- Over the past 10 years, averages between 20-30 industrial/commercial sales per year.
- Industrial land sales for development include 7.33 acres in Medford on the LIE, 5.05 acres in Bellport, 2.00 acres on Blue Point Road in Holtsville, 1.76 acres in Bayport, 0.75 acres in Bohemia, 3.15 acres in Medford, 5.00 acres in Calverton, & 0.88 acres in Medford.
- Represented Weiss Instruments in the sale of 50,000 SF in Holtsville, NY.
- Represented Interpharm Inc. in the sale of 92,000 SF on 37 acres in Yaphank, NY.
- Represented Amerigas in the disposition of 2 properties with rail siding; 4.5 acres in Medford and 3.85 acres in Wyandanch.
- Represented several Banks in sale of REO properties in Nassau, Suffolk and Kings County.
- Represented Penske Truck Leasing in finding a Western Suffolk location with proper zoning and an oversized lot. The requirement took nearly 5 years to satisfy. They ended up with a 27,000 SF building on a 4.7 acre site in West Babylon, NY.
- Exclusively represents several local landlords in the leasing of their industrial portfolios across Suffolk County. Areas include West Babylon, Deer Park, & Bohemia.
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, University of South Florida
Airgas, American Community Bank, Amerigas, Atlantic Automotive Group, Dewalt/Black & Decker, Ferrell Gas, LI Automotive Group, Penske Corp., Pilkington Libbey-Owens Ford, Plycon Van Lines, Sayville Ford, Staples